The Martin company has been around for over a century and its acoustic guitars are considered to be absolute classics. It is no simple task to find successful guitarists who haven’t played a Martin at some point in their career.
Arguably the one absolute classic among Martin guitars is the D 28. A list of all our heroes who have been in the spotlight with one of these would be quite a long one. WIth a top made of solid sitka spruce, the back and sides from East Indian rosewood, a neck of solid mahogany, ebony fretboard, and to top it all off, a bridge of solid ebony. All very fine ingredients for producing the sound that we’re all familiar with from countless hits.
- The classic from the Standard series
- Top: Solid sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid East Indian rosewood (Dalbergia latifolia)
- Flat neck from solid mahogany
- Fretboard: Solid ebony
- 20 Frets
- Neck / Body joint at the 14th fret
- Nut width: 43 mm
- Bridge made of solid ebony
- Colour: Natural with tinted top
- Hardshell case included